Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An introduction, from Alys

Hello, Internet. Here is another blog to add to that great thing known as the Blogosphere (I don't think I have ever used that word before). My name is Alys, and Kymme and I decided to start this here blog because I wrote that I need a new job as my status on Facebook, and Kymme responded that we should be professional bloggers. After several of my friends fed my ego by saying they would be interested if I had a blog, I emailed Kymme and we decided to give it a go fo'realz.

Basically the jist of it is this: we are both big dorks with soul-crushing jobs, who take solace in the internet during our scant hours of free time. We like sharing interesting and funny things that we find on the internet; between the two of us, we have more than enough interests to satisfy at least a few niches out there.

My interests include literature, 19th century Austrian history, theatrical make up, German musicals, Takarazuka, comic books, certain anime, Victorian poetry, horror movies, and making fun of Twilight. I live with my boyfriend's family in Pittsburgh, PA; the two of us have a snake, a tarantula, and the most affectionate cat on the planet (his sister has a cat, a dog, 11 birds, 3 rats, and god knows how many fish). I am a feminist and an atheist, outspokenly so. Boyfriend and I are child-free by choice and plan to remain that way. I grew up watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 with my mom and I think I like bad movies more than I like good movies.

Yup.

So, without further adieu, I'mma hit "publish" on this baby and hop to posting shit.

2 comments:

  1. First!

    (Hi, I'm Boyfriend. Good to meet you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 you ^_^ And I'm watching Buffy, and Drusilla just came back to Sunnydale after Spike proclaimed his love to Buffy.

    ReplyDelete