Wednesday, July 28, 2010

File Under: More Things About Which I Am Hella Excited


Holy shit holy shit holy shit.

I got this baby in the mail today - Frank Wildhorn's "Rudolf - Affaire Mayerling" on DVD.
I ordered it last week from Amazon.de and am amazed it came in the mail so soon - this is why Amazon is my lover forever and ever (ask me about my Kindle).


I've owned the cast album since its debut in summer 2009; however, I have delayed in ordering the DVD for really no good reason. The musical is based on Frederic Morton's fantastic book A Nervous Splendor: Vienna 1888/1889 and of course upon the historical Mayerling Incident - the (however contested) murder-suicide of Austro-Hungarian Crown Prince Rudolf von Habsburg and his mistress, Mary Vetsera, at his hunting lodge at Mayerling.

No comments:

Post a Comment